Friday, June 19, 2009

It's Almost Time

A little over a year ago, God began to work in our hearts again and we began the process to bring home a daughter from Ethiopia. It is our desire that our family be a picture of the family of God. We are honored that he has chosen us to walk this path and that he has entrusted us with these beautiful children. Children that were destined to be ours from the very beginning of time.

We were created to be their Mommy and Daddy.

And now, as I sit here the night before we leave, I am more emotional now than I have been throughout the whole process. It's a very surreal experience. Another Mother, who loved her daughter very much, cared for her until she was 17 months old. For this, I will be forever grateful. When it became evident that she was unable to care for this child, she did the most loving thing that she could do. I pray for her and ask that you do the same. I also ask that you pray for our sweet girl. Pray that her transition is smooth and that she already knows in her spirit that we are her Mommy and Daddy. I have prayed this prayer many, many times over the past year. "God, give her our voices so that she will know we are her parents." God is faithful and I believe that He will.

Our plans are to blog while we are in country, but that all depends on the internet connections. I can email my post to blogger, but uploading pictures may not be too easy, but we'll see. So, check this blog and hopefully, you can follow along on our journey.

For those of you that might be interested, you are welcome come to get your first glimpse of our beautiful girls together at the Nashville Airport on Sunday, June 28.

United Airlines from Chicago - June 28, 2009 5:43 p.m.

Keep in mind, we will have been traveling for 24 hours, so we may not look our best, but we will be the ones with big smiles on our face and very grateful hearts. We love you all dearly and can't wait for you to see our beautiful daughter.

Until we meet again,

7 comments:

Debbie said...

I will be praying for you!!!

Debbie

Bitsy said...

Praying for safe travels and a very smooth transaction! Can't wait to meet her!!! :)

See you soon!

Margaret and Cordel said...

Safe travels!! Many blessings to you!!

Anonymous said...

Just checking in...hoping and praying all is well. love..much love!

Granny said...

Amy,Pat and family, WOW, I haven't looked at all the blog lately and I Had no idea that you were so close and now you are on your way. This is so amazing, GOD is so very good. Can't wait to see pictures on your homecoming. We love you all, Eddie and BObbye Carol

Tracy said...

Wow! Welcome home! I can't wait to hear about your time in Addis Ababa, and to see pics!

Margaret and Cordel said...

I keep waiting for some updates! :) Praying that you all are well!!!!!