Saturday, September 6, 2008

Ta Da! We Have A Name!

In the midst of the frustrations of waiting on the USCIS office, we have FINALLY decided on a name.

It has not been an easy task. There have been many discussions (arguments, if you will) about our baby's name. Pat and I have finally agreed.

Aliza Kate ________________ Hood
(African Name)

Aliza - Hebrew for joy
Kate - purity

Pat says that he is going to call her Ali - which is fine with me. That was my grandmother's name. We are so relieved to have finally decided and now we call her by name, instead of "the next baby" or "our African baby" or something like that. Now, you can pray for her by name along with us.

8 comments:

Alison B. said...

I love your name Miss Aliza Kate. Just love it.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!! So sweet!!!

Amy M. said...

Yea! I LOVE praying for my "pure one" (Katie) ... and will definitely be praying for your sweet Aliza Kate as well!

Amy M. :)

Anonymous said...

I know you worked hard for that name.. ;) Love it! Now come on I-171H so that dossier can get to Ehtiopia!!

Anonymous said...

*Ethiopia
I'm still rooting for a spell check in these comment boxes. :)

Unknown said...

I love it!!! Ali! Sounds perfect. :)

Becca said...

Congrats! I know the name struggle! I'm glad yours is over. Now if we can just talk about names, maybe we'll get somewhere!! Oh, and I love Aliza Kate!!

Kelly said...

Aliza Kate is Simply Beautiful.