Tuesday, January 20, 2009

18 weeks and Counting

Today, marks week 18 on the waiting list.  We are at 4.5 months.  Sometimes, it seems as though it has passed very quickly, other time, it has moved at a snails pace.  

Waiting.

Something that I am not very good at.  I'm just going to put it out there, this is not as easy as I thought it would be.  It's tough, to be quite honest.  I thought that the second time around would be easier, but it's NOT!  What I am finding is that no  matter where you are in the process and whether it is child #1 or child #12, you are no more less anxious.  I just want Alyza Kate HOME!  That's all, I just want her home.  

Yes, I have Jadyn to keep me busy.

Yes, the wait is not as long as it was the last time.

Yes, I should be an old pro at this.

Yes, it's hard - stinkin hard!

I long to see AK's face, to touch her, told hold her, and to have her home.  That feeling is equally as strong as it was the first time and it hurts just the same.  It is hard when you don't know what her situation is like and whether or not she is being fed and cared for.  I pray she is being fed and loved and held and cuddled.  I pray that God is whispering our voices in her ears so that she will know our voices when she hears them for the first time.  I pray for her well being, for her tender little heart and that someone is caring for her just as they would their own.

I love you, Alyza Kate, your Mommy loves you dearly.  We cannot wait to have you home with us, where you belong!

2 comments:

Susan said...

Praying for your precious girl in Africa and also for your sweet one here.....may she get well quickly so you can stop singing d d d d d dora!

Gwen Oatsvall said...

amen amen amen !!!! let's be honest the wait is never fun nor to wish to learn a bunch of lessons ... WE JUST WANT OUR CHILDREN HOME ... standing w/ you on this one !!!