Sunday, March 1, 2009

Court Date!!!

On Friday afternoon we received a call from Abbey, our sweet social worker with some good news! We have a court date. It's May 22.

What am I going to do with myself the next 2.5 months?

She said that Alyza Kate's file is now complete, so we are looking forward to passing court the first time! That's what we are praying anyway. I have read of a couple of others that have the same court date and I believe that our court date will actually be sooner than May 22, at least that is what my spirit tells me. I have been praying for a specific date and I feel that some of those cases that are out there in the future will get some good news that their date has been changed. Just a gut feeling, but I'm going with it.

Thanks for celebrating with us. We had a sweet birthday party yesterday for AK, I'll post a few pics from that occasion. We can't wait to have her home to celebrate for real with her.



7 comments:

Nikki said...

Hi Amy! Congratulations! It has been wonderful connecting with families that have similar court dates. It's fun to think who will be traveling together. We are so anxious to meet our children and and I know you are, too. BTW, she DOES have beautiful eyes!

Our court date is actually May 20th. I got an email this week that Belay accidentally converted the date wrong. So we are just two days apart!

Praying that we all pass court on the first try!

Blessing to you and your family!

Nikki said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nikki said...

Sorry, that was me. I accidentally posted twice!

Margaret and Cordel said...

Congrats on our court date! How very exciting! Praying that the next 2.5 months goes swiftly!!!

coffeemom said...

Congratulations!!!! So exciting, court dates seem to be popping out a bit faster, that's nothing but good news! Your court date is on my prayer list! M

Unknown said...

Hey, Girl!!! Congrats!! That's awesome! I am praying that the next two and a half months go fast for you guys!

Bitz

Neil, Amy and The Girls said...

Yea!! Congratulations on your court date! Hopefully it will be moved up...how wonderful would that be? Our court date is the same week as yours.