I've said it before and I'll say it again, adoption is not for the weak.
Today is one of those days that leaves an indescribable feeling of sadness, yet happiness in your heart of hearts.
February 28, 2007 our sweet Alyza Kate came into this world. So, today is her second birthday. It's been a really tough time for me, even though I knew what to expect. You see, we missed Jadyn's first birthday and well, quite frankly, it stinks. The only way I can describe it is to think about being away from your child on his/her birthday. I think over and over in my mind, does anyone care that it's her birthday? Will anyone tell her happy birthday? give her an extra special kiss? give her an extra tight hug?
I pray they will.
I would ask that you pray for us today also. These are the things that cause my hair to require color to cover the grey. It's the things that keeps me awake at night, one of many things.
Alyza Kate,
Happy Birthday sweet girl! Today is your birthday and you may or may not even know it, but your family here knows that it is. We are praying for you, thinking about you, and longing even more to be with you. We cannot wait to come get you and bring you home with us. We will have a big celebration then and you can have a big party at that time. Your family waits for you and cannot wait until the day that we can give you that birthday kiss in person.
I love you,
Mommy
So, if you will, remember our sweet girl today. Ask God to bless her a little extra today and pray that someone will love on her just a little more than usual. Thanks friends, for walking this road with us. We love you.
Saturday, February 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I can't imagine missing one of my kids birthdays, so I know today is no fun for you. I'll be praying for you guys today!
Post a Comment