Friday, February 6, 2009

We Have ANOTHER Daughter!!!

We are please to announce that we have received the referral of our beautiful Ethiopian daughter. We got the call at 1:28 pm yesterday from Abbey, our social worker. We were so surprised.

Of course, Pat was in Murfreesboro and I had to call him to tell him to get himself home - NOW. I told Abbey I would call her back when he got home, ran and got the video camera set up and waited on him to get here. Finally, they made it home and we called her back. She wasn't at her desk because that would have been much too easy, so I left a message. Soon, she called back and she emailed the information/pictures to us. We all gathered around the computer and opened the email.

Because of Ethiopian law, we can't post pictures in a public forum, blog etc. until after our court date. Just take my word, she is BEAUTIFUL. She is a little peanut, 23 lbs, but has the biggest eyes ever. Her eyes are the biggest part of her. She will be 2 this month on 2/28 and we are so sad that we won't be there for her birthday. But, we'll make up for it when we get her home. Pray, pray, pray for a speedy court date and that we pass the first time. We just want her home.

We are blessed beyond anything that we could hope for or imagine. We are praising God for His faithfulness and for His goodness. Thank you for sharing in our joy and rejoicing with us. God is good.

13 comments:

Demarie said...

Congratulations!!!!! That is great news!

Jen said...

We will pray for a speedy process. so happy for you. we are with Gladney as well and in the process of raising our age to be one or two between 0-5. now that you have a wonderful referral, I think that we are the only other family that is waiting for a 18m-up child. I hope you don't mind if I turn to you for insight as you are that much further ahead of us.

Robin said...

Congratulations!!!! Praying for a speedy court. We should be getting a court date any time in the next few weeks.....Our children are in the older children house with Gladney --when we are ready to travel (looks like June), we'd love to take pictures for you.

Lisa and Peter said...

That's wonderful news! Congrats to you and your family! We're keeping our fingers crossed for a successful court date!

Sparkz said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!

msl said...

Congratulations on your new daughter!!!

Cary and SarahTucker said...

So excited for you guys. We got our referral on the same day for our little boy.....so who knows, maybe we'll be in Ethiopia at the same time.

Blessings,
The Tucker's.

Jebena said...

Again, Congratulations!!!!!

I'm so happy for you! Yes, I will be praying for you a speedy court date and please pray the same for my family as we want our little CocoPrincess home with us.

Nikki said...

Congratulations! We're waiting on a court date, too.

So happy for your family!

Margaret and Cordel said...

Congratulations!! How very exciting that you will have another princess!! :)

Elisabeth said...

Wonderful news!! Congratulations!!

Freda said...

Congratulations!!

Sparkz said...

How exciting! What great news. Were so happy for you! congratulations!