Thursday, February 26, 2009

Where Are We?

I have not completely fallen off the deep end, although at times I feel that I am close to the edge, I know where we are. We're in Smyrna, right? Just checking.

Several people have asked me where we are in the process, so here is a little information for you. The process with Ethiopia is different from the process that we went through with China. Once you receive a referral in China, you wait on travel approval, your agency to scheduled your consulate appointment and travel plans are made! With Ethiopia, when you receive a referral, the next step is waiting on a court date. Many have asked if we have to attend that court date, the answer is no, we do not. We have signed a power of attorney and someone with our agency will handle everything on our behalf.

Right now, the average wait time to hear when your court date is scheduled is 1-3 months and then it is normally scheduled 12 weeks out from that time.

Darn.

Don't even add that up, I don't want to know.

However, the God I serve is still in the miracle business and I am believing that He will do a miracle in our case. So, I am praying diligently for a miracle. God's timing is perfect, we know that. And we will travel to bring AK home exactly at the appointed time. We just can't wait to bring her home.

Now.

So, I ask you to pray along side us, for all the families that are waiting on court dates, waiting on travel and waiting on referrals. The feelings are overwhelming at times. EVERYONE just wants to see their children's face, then bring them home. Once you have that picture, your prayers then have a face. This child that you have been praying for now has an identity. You have an image in your mind, for me it's those eyes, that you see every time you petition the Father. Thank you for checking in on us and for praying for our daughter.

AK, Mommy loves you and is coming soon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Amy,
Hang in there.... AK's gotcha date will be here soon enough. I know this is tough for you... and I am sure that the waiting is the hardest part. But remember, our Loving Daddy has all time in His wonderful hands. He knows exactly when you are going to get to see your little girl for the first time and His timing will be perfect! I will keep you in prayer during the wait.

Love you!

Bitz