Much to my sweet surprise, we received an update yesterday on our baby girl.
Guess what, we are back to this!
Here is the update from our social worker.
Hi Pat & Amy,
I have another update on D* for you! I am sorry to say that they had to shave her little head in order to treat her skin infection. She remains just as beautiful as ever!
D* is being treated for tinea capitis (fungal skin infection on the scalp). She is receiving Griseofulvin as treatment as well as Ketoconozole shampoo. We shaved her head in order to treat the infection effectively. She will receive the Griseofulvin treatment for six weeks. She is playful and fun as always (she doesn’t feel bad during her treatment). J
Weight: 11.5 kg (25.3 lbs)
Height: 77 cm (30.31 inches)
Abbey Reeves, LMSW
Africa Program Caseworker
Gladney Center for Adoption
It seems as though she is dealing with a little ringworm...so off with the hair! But, I happen to think she has the most beautiful bald head in the world...don't you?

7 comments:
Aw, I hope AK's feeling okay! She'll have a momma to love on her soon enough. Praying for your court date this week. I'm convinced this week won't be our referral week with all the court excitement, but maybe next week!
She has a beautiful kissable bald head!
What a beautiful little head. Looks like a great place for a thousand kisses... hopefully soon!
Praying for your court date!
Praying for court today and her head is still as sweet and hair grows fast!! High hopes! M
Praying for court. And her head is beautiful!
Praying for you tonight! Text me when you find out something! 691-0324
Praying for you.
Post a Comment